Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF
Date: 30th Jan 2023
In these “Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF”, we will explain the role of operations, and their interaction with the other activities of a firm: finance, marketing, human resource etc. The objective of these notes is to provide the students with a solid foundation that will help them to take better decisions as they direct the operations of a firm. Emphasis is given both to familiarization of various production processes and service systems, and to quantitative analysis of problems arising in the management of operations. It also focuses on different matters of importance and issues related to management of technology in organizational context.
We have provided multiple complete Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF for any university student of Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF by downloading them.
Topics in our Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF
The topics we will cover in these Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF will be taken from the following list:
Introduction to Production and Operations Management: Definition, need, responsibilities, key decisions of OM, goods vs. services. Operations as a key functional area in an organization.
Operation Strategies-Definition, relevance, strategy formulation process, order qualifying and order winning attribute. Introduction to technology management: meaning and role of technology, key concepts of technology management, sources and types of technology, critical issues in choice of technology: flexibility, appropriateness, energy, humanistic, social and other aspects, effects of new technology, technology innovation, revolutionary, evolutionary and disruptive innovation, role of technology in manufacturing and service operations.
Lean production: Definition of lean production, lean Demand Pull logic, waste in operations, elements that address elimination of waste, 2 card kanban Production Control system, technology consideration in lean environment.
Process Selection: Definition, Characteristics that influence the choice of alternative processes (volume and variety), type of processes- job shop, batch, mass and continuous, product-process design Matrix and Services design matrix, technology issues in process design, flexible manufacturing systems (FMS), Computer integrated manufacturing (CIM).
Layout Decision: Layout planning – Benefits of good layout, importance, different types of layouts (Process, Product, Group technology and Fixed position layout). Assembly line balancing by using LOT rule.
Location Decisions and Models: Facility Location – Objective, factors that influence location decision, location evaluation methods- factor rating method. Capacity planning: Definition, measures of capacity (input and output), types of planning over time horizon. Decision trees analysis.
Forecasting-Definition, types, qualitative (grass roots, market research and delphi method) and quantitative approach (simple moving average method, weighted moving average and single exponential smoothing method), forecast error, Mean Absolute Deviations (MAD), issues related with forecasting in services, basic idea of technology forecasting.
Aggregate Planning: Definition, nature, strategies of aggregate planning, methods of aggregate planning (level plan, chase plan and mixed plan, keeping in mind demand, workforce and average inventory), Scheduling: Operation scheduling, goals of short term scheduling, job sequencing (First come first served (FCFS), Shortest processing time (SPT), Earliest due date (EDD), Longest processing time (LPT), Critical Ratio (CR)) and Johnson’s rule on two machines, Gantt charts, examples of FCFS, SPT and LPT priority rules in banking and finance.
Statistical Quality control: Variations in process (common and assignable causes), Control charts: Variable measures (mean and range chart), Attribute measures (proportion of defects and no. of defects) using control tables, quality control in finance.
Elementary Queuing Theory: the need of queuing theory in service and manufacturing operations, Poisson- Exponential Single Server Model with Infinite Population (M/M/1 queuing model).
Download Technology and Operations Management Notes PDF
Technology and Operations Management Reference Books List
We have listed the best Technology and Operations Management Reference Books that can help in your Technology and Operations Management exam preparation:
- Jacobs, F.R., Chase, R.B. and Ravi Shankar (2014). Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Mahadevan, B (2015). Operations Management: Theory and Practice
- Jay, H. and Barry, R. (2017). Operations Management: Sustainability and Supply Chain Management
Management Notes PDF
- Advertising and Brand Management Notes
- Basic Econometrics with Software Notes
- Business Accounting Notes
- Business Analysis and Valuation Notes
- Business Policy and Strategy Notes
- Business Research Notes
- Consumer Behaviour Notes
- Counselling and Negotiation Skills for Management Notes
- Cross Cultural Human Resource Management Notes
- Derivatives and Risk Management Notes
- Development Systems and Strategies Notes
- Digital Marketing Notes
- Distribution and Supply Chain Management Notes
- Ecommerce Notes
- Econometrics Notes
- Economic Legislation Notes
- Entrepreneurship Development Notes
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility Notes
- Financial Institutions and Markets Notes
- Financial Management Notes
- Financial Time Series Econometrics Notes
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management Notes
- Fundamentals of Management and Organisational Behaviour Notes
- Global Business Environment Notes
- Human Resource Management Notes
- India’s Diversity and Business Notes
- International Accounting and Reporting System Notes
- International Finance Notes
- International Human Resource Management Notes
- International Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisition Notes
- International Marketing Notes
- International Supply Chain Management Notes
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management Notes
- Investment Banking and Financial Services Notes
- IT Tools for Business Notes
- Legal Aspects of Business Notes
- Macroeconomics Notes
- Management Accounting Notes
- Management of Industrial Relations Notes
- Managerial Economics Notes
- Marketing of Services Notes
- Multinational Business Finance Notes
- Organizational Development Notes
- Performance and Compensation Management Notes
- Personality Development and Soft Skills Notes
- Personal Selling Notes
- Principles of Marketing Notes
- Project Appraisal and Analysis Notes
- Quantitative Techniques for Management Notes
- Research Software Package Notes
- Retail Management Notes
- Statistical Software Package Notes
- Statistics for Business Decisions Notes
- Strategic Corporate Finance Notes
- Talent and Knowledge Management Notes
- Tax Planning Notes
- Technology and Operations Management Notes
- Training and Management Development Notes
- Transnational and Cross Cultural Marketing Notes