Business Accounting Notes PDF
In these “Business Accounting Notes PDF”, we will study the mechanics of preparation of financial Statements, understanding corporate financial statements, their analysis and interpretation, and role of IFRS in accounting discipline
We have provided multiple complete Business Accounting Notes PDF for any university student of Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these Business Accounting Notes PDF by downloading them.
Topics in our Business Accounting Notes PDF
The topics we will cover in these Business Accounting Notes PDF will be taken from the following list:
Introduction to Financial Accounting: Accounting as an Information System, Importance, Scope, and Limitations. Users of Accounting Information. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Accounting Equation. Nature of Accounts and Rules of Debit and Credit. Recording Transactions in General Journal. Recording Transactions in three-column Cash Book. An overview of Subsidiary books – Purchase Book, Purchase Returns Book, Sales Book, and Sales Returns Book. Opening and Closing Entries. Preparation of Ledger Accounts.
Preparation of Financial Statements: Preparing Trading Account, Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet for a Sole Proprietor. Understanding contents of Financial Statements of a Joint Stock Company as per Companies Act 2013, Understanding the contents of a Corporate Annual Report, Preparation of Cash Flow Statement.
Concept and procedure of issuing Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS): Introduction to Ind AS 7 – Statement of Cash Flows, Ind AS 10 – Events after Reporting Period, Ind AS 16 – Property, Plant and equipment and Ind AS 18 – Revenue Recognition; Meaning and need for convergence with IFRS; Benefits of achieving Convergence with IFRSs to Economy, The investors, The Industry and the Accounting Professionals.
Analysing Financial Statement: Objectives of Financial Statement Analysis; Sources of information; Standards of Comparison; Techniques of financial statement Analysis- Horizontal Analysis and Vertical Analysis; Meaning and usefulness of Financial Rations; Analysis of financial ratios from the perspective of different Stakeholders like investors, Lenders, Shortterm creditors: Profitability ratios, Solvency Ratios, Liquidity Ratios, and turnover Ratios; Limitations of Ratio Analysis; Use of ratios to predict financial crisis of a company by using Altman Z –score.
Download Business Accounting Notes PDF
Business Accounting Reference Books List
We have listed the best Business Accounting Reference Books that can help in your Business Accounting exam preparation:
- R. Narayanaswamy R (2017). Financial Accounting: A Managerial Perspective (6th Edition). Delhi: PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Sehrawat, Neeraj Kumar; Garg, CA Kamal and Nagar, Neerav. (2018). Financial Accounting and Analysis: Concepts and Cases (1 st Edition). New Delhi: Bharat Law House Pvt. Ltd.
- Maheshwari, S.N, Maheshwari Sunil K., and Maheshwari, Sharad K. (2013). An Introduction to Accountancy (11th Edition) New Delhi: Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- Garg, CA Kamal, and Sehrawat, Neeraj Kumar (2018). Beginner`s Guide to Ind – AS and IFRS. (2 nd Edition). New Delhi: Bharat Law House Pvt Ltd.
- Concept Paper on Convergence with IFRSs in India. (2017). The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.