Atmospheric Physics Notes
Topics in our Atmospheric Physics Notes PDF
In these “Atmospheric Physics Notes PDF”, you will study the characteristics of the Earth’s atmospheric thermal structure and chemical composition. It enables to learn remote sensing techniques to explore atmospheric processes and helps to understand long term oscillations and fluid system dynamics which control climate change. Also, it delineates characteristics of pollutants and aerosols variability in the lower and middle atmosphere.
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
General features of Earth’s atmosphere: Thermal structure of the Earth’s Atmosphere, Composition of atmosphere, Hydrostatic equation, Potential temperature, Atmospheric Thermodynamics, Greenhouse effect, Local winds, monsoons, fogs, clouds, precipitation, Atmospheric boundary layer, Sea breeze and land breeze. Instruments for meteorological observations including RS/RW, meteorological processes and convective systems, fronts, Cyclones and anticyclones, thunderstorms.
Atmospheric Dynamics: Scale analysis, Fundamental forces, Basic conservation laws, The Vectorial form of the momentum equation in rotating coordinate system, scale analysis of equation of motion, Applications of the basic equations, Circulations and vorticity, Atmospheric oscillations, Quasi biennial oscillation, annual and semi-annual oscillations, Mesoscale circulations, The general circulations, Tropical dynamics.
Atmospheric Waves: Surface water waves, wave dispersion, acoustic waves, buoyancy waves, propagation of atmospheric gravity waves (AGWs) in a nonhomogeneous medium, Lamb wave, Rossby waves and its propagation in three dimensions and in sheared flow, wave absorption, non-linear consideration.
Atmospheric Radar and Lidar: Radar equation and return signal, Signal processing and detection, Various type of atmospheric radars, Applications of radars to study atmospheric phenomena, Lidar and its applications, Application of Lidar to study atmospheric phenomenon. Data analysis tools and techniques.
Atmospheric Aerosols: Spectral distribution of the solar radiation, Classification and properties of aerosols, Production and removal mechanisms, Concentrations and size distribution, Radiative and health effects, Observational techniques for aerosols, Absorption and scattering of solar radiation, Rayleigh scattering and Mie scattering, Bouguert-Lambert law, Principles of radiometry, Optical phenomena in atmosphere, Aerosol studies using Lidars.
Download Abc Notes PDF
- Advanced Mathematical Physics Notes PDF
- Analog Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Applied Dynamics Notes PDF
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Notes PDF
- Atmospheric Physics Notes PDF
- Biological Physics Notes PDF
- Classical Dynamics Notes PDF
- Communication System Notes PDF
- Digital Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Digital Signal Processing Notes PDF
- Nano Materials and Applications Notes PDF
- Nuclear and Particle Physics Notes PDF
- Physics of Devices and Communication Notes PDF
- Physics of Earth Notes PDF
- Quantum Mechanics and Applications Notes PDF
- Solid State Physics Notes PDF
- Statistical Mechanics Notes PDF
- Thermal Physics Notes PDF
- Waves and Optics Notes PDF