Physics of Devices and Communication Notes
Topics in our Physics of Devices and Communication Notes PDF
In these “Physics of Devices and Communication Notes PDF”, you will study the devices such as UJT, JFET, MOSFET, CMOS etc. Process of IC fabrication is discussed in detail. Digital Data serial and parallel Communication Standards are described along with the understanding of communication systems.
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
Devices: Characteristic and small signal equivalent circuits of UJT and JFET. Metal-semiconductor Junction. Metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) device. Ideal MOS and Flat Band voltage. SiO2-Si based MOS, C-V characteristics of MOS, MOSFET– their frequency limits. Enhancement and Depletion Mode MOSFETS, CMOS. Charge coupled devices.
Processing of Devices: Basic process flow for IC fabrication. Crystal plane and orientation. Diffusion and implantation of dopants. Passivation. Oxidation Technique for Si. Contacts and metallization technique. Wet etching. Dry etching (RIE). Positive and Negative Masks. Photolithography. Electron-lithography, Basic idea of SSI, MSI, LSI, VLSI and USI. RC Filters: Passive-Low pass and High pass filters, Active (1st order butterworth) -Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and band Reject Filters.
Phase Locked Loop (PLL): Basic Principles, Phase detector (XOR and edge triggered), Voltage Controlled Oscillator (Basics, varactor). Lock and capture. Basic idea of PLL IC (565 or 4046).
Digital Data Communication Standards: Serial Communications: RS232, Handshaking, Implementation of RS232 on PC, Universal Serial Bus (USB), USB standards, Types and elements of USB transfers. Parallel communications: General Purpose Interface Bus (GPIB), GPIB signals and lines, Handshaking and interface management, Implementation of a GPIB on a PC. Basic idea of sending data through a COM port.
Introduction to communication systems: Block diagram of electronic communication system, Need for modulation. Amplitude modulation. Modulation Index. Analysis of Amplitude Modulated wave. Sideband frequencies in AM wave. CE Amplitude Modulator. Demodulation of AM wave using Diode Detector. Frequency modulation and demodulation, basic idea of Frequency, Phase, Pulse and Digital Modulation including ASK, PSK, FSK.
Download Abc Notes PDF
- Advanced Mathematical Physics Notes PDF
- Analog Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Applied Dynamics Notes PDF
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Notes PDF
- Atmospheric Physics Notes PDF
- Biological Physics Notes PDF
- Classical Dynamics Notes PDF
- Communication System Notes PDF
- Digital Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Digital Signal Processing Notes PDF
- Nano Materials and Applications Notes PDF
- Nuclear and Particle Physics Notes PDF
- Physics of Devices and Communication Notes PDF
- Physics of Earth Notes PDF
- Quantum Mechanics and Applications Notes PDF
- Solid State Physics Notes PDF
- Statistical Mechanics Notes PDF
- Thermal Physics Notes PDF
- Waves and Optics Notes PDF