Mathematical Physics Notes
Topics in our Mathematical Physics Notes PDF
In these “Mathematical Physics Notes PDF”, you will study the mathematical and critical skills required in solving problems of interest to physicists. The course will also expose students to fundamental computational physics skills enabling them to solve a wide range of physics problems. The skills developed during course will prepare them not only for doing fundamental and applied research but also for a wide variety of careers.
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
Functions: Recapitulate the concept of functions. Plot and interpret graphs of functions using the concepts of calculus.
First Order Differential Equations: First order differential Equations: Variable separable, homogeneous, non-homogeneous, exact and inexact differential equations and Integrating Factors. Application to physics problems.
Second Order Differential Equations: Homogeneous Equations with constant coefficients. Wronskian and general solution. Particular Integral with operator method, method of undetermined coefficients and method of variation of parameters. Cauchy-Euler differential equation and simultaneous differential equations of First and Second order.
Vector Algebra: Scalars and vectors, laws of vector algebra, scalar and vector product, triple scalar product, interpretation in terms of area and volume, triple cross product, product of four vectors. Scalar and vector fields.
Vector Differentiation: Ordinary derivative of a vector, the vector differential operator. Directional derivatives and normal derivative. Gradient of a scalar field and its geometrical interpretation. Divergence and curl of a vector field. Laplacian operator. Vector identities.
Vector Integration: Ordinary Integrals of Vectors. Double and Triple integrals, Jacobian. Notion of infinitesimal line, surface and volume elements. Line, surface and volume integrals of Scalar and Vector fields. Flux of a vector field. Gauss’ divergence theorem, Green’s and Stokes Theorems, their verification (no rigorous proofs) and applications.
Orthogonal Curvilinear Coordinates: Orthogonal Curvilinear Coordinates. Derivation of Gradient, Divergence, Curl and Laplacian in Cartesian, Spherical and Cylindrical Coordinate Systems.
Probability and statistics: Independent and dependent events, Conditional Probability. Bayes’ Theorem, Independent random variables, Probability distribution functions, special distributions: Binomial, Poisson and Normal. Sample mean and variance and their confidence intervals for Normal distribution.
Download Abc Notes PDF
- Advanced Mathematical Physics Notes PDF
- Analog Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Applied Dynamics Notes PDF
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Notes PDF
- Atmospheric Physics Notes PDF
- Biological Physics Notes PDF
- Classical Dynamics Notes PDF
- Communication System Notes PDF
- Digital Systems and Applications Notes PDF
- Digital Signal Processing Notes PDF
- Nano Materials and Applications Notes PDF
- Nuclear and Particle Physics Notes PDF
- Physics of Devices and Communication Notes PDF
- Physics of Earth Notes PDF
- Quantum Mechanics and Applications Notes PDF
- Solid State Physics Notes PDF
- Statistical Mechanics Notes PDF
- Thermal Physics Notes PDF
- Waves and Optics Notes PDF