Computer Graphics Notes
Topics in our Computer Graphics Notes PDF
In these “Computer Graphics Notes PDF”, we will introduces fundamental concepts of Computer Graphics with focus on modelling, rendering and interaction aspects of computer graphics. These notes emphasizes the basic principles needed to design, use and understand computer graphics system.
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
Computer Graphics Introduction: Introduction to Graphics systems, Basic elements of Computer graphics, Applications of computer graphics.
Graphics Hardware: Architecture of Raster and Random scan display devices, input/output devices.
Drawing Primitives: Raster scan line drawing algorithm, circle and ellipse drawing algorithms
Clipping Primitives: Polygon filling, line clipping and polygon clipping algorithms
Transformation: 2D and 3D Geometric Transformations
Viewing: 3D Viewing Transformations, Parallel Projections, Perspective Projections ,Vanishing points
Geometric Modeling: Representing curves(Hermite and Bezier)
Visible Surface determination: Z-buffer algorithm, List-priority algorithm and area subdivision algorithm.
Surface rendering: Illumination and shading models
Graphics Programming Color Models: RGB color model and Computer Animation.
Download Computer Graphics Notes PDF
Computer Graphics Notes FAQs
What is Computer Graphics ?
Computer graphics is concerned with producing images and animations (or sequences of images) using a computer. This includes the hardware and software systems used to make these images. The task of producing photo-realistic images is an extremely complex one, but this is a field that is in great demand because of the nearly limitless variety of applications.
What is the future of Computer Graphics ?
The field of computer graphics has grown enormously over the past 10–20 years and many software systems have been developed for generating computer graphics of various sorts. This can include systems for producing 3-dimensional models of the scene to be drawn, the rendering software for drawing the images, and the associated user-interface software and hardware.
What are the types of Computer Graphics ?
There are 2 types of computer graphics:
- Raster/Bitmap image uses a grid of individual pixels where each pixel can be a different color or shade. Bitmaps are composed of pixels.
- Vector graphics use mathematical relationships between points and the paths connecting them to describe an image. Vector graphics are composed of paths.
What are the elements of computer graphics?
There are 3 elements of computer graphics:
- Digital memory buffer
- TV monitor
- Display controller
What are the advantages of computer graphics?
The main advantages of computer graphics are:
- The ability of computers to store complex drawings and display them whenever needed was one of the main attraction for using computers in the graphic mode.
- The use of sound cards to make computers produce sound effect led to other uses of graphics.
- The availability of easily interactive devices made it possible to build simulators.
What are the uses of computer graphics?
The main uses of computer graphics are:
- Visualization of measurement data (2D and 3D)
- Visualization of computer simulations medical diagnostics
- Drafting and computer design
- Preparation of publications
- Special effects in movies
- Computer games
What is the difference between raster and vector graphics?
The difference between vector and raster graphics is that raster graphics are composed of pixels, while vector graphics are composed of paths. A raster graphic, such as a gif or jpeg, is an array of pixels of various colors, which together form an image. A vector graphic, such as an .eps file or Adobe Illustrator? file, is composed of paths, or lines, that are either straight or curved.