Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes
Topics in our Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF
In these “Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF”, you will study the conductance, anomaly of strong electrolytes, laws governing migration of ions in solutions and application of conductance measurement for titration methods and have understanding of kinetics of chemical reaction, catalysis and photochemical reactions.
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
Conductance: Quantitative aspects of Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Arrhenius theory of electrolytic dissociation. Conductivity, equivalent and molar conductivity and their variation with dilution for weak and strong electrolytes. Molar conductivity at infinite dilution. Kohlrausch’s law of independent migration of ions. Debye-Huckel-Onsager equation, Wien effect, Debye-Falkenhagen effect, Walden’s rule. Ionic velocity, mobility and their determination, transference number and its relation to ionic mobility, determination of transference number using Hittorf and Moving Boundary methods. Applications of conductance measurement: (i) degree of dissociation of weak electrolytes, (ii) ionic product of water (iii) solubility and solubility product of sparingly soluble salts, (iv) conductometric titrations,(v) hydrolysis constants of salts.
Chemical Kinetics: Order and molecularity of a reaction, rate laws in terms of the advancement of a reaction, differential and integrated form of rate expressions up to second order reactions, experimental methods for determination of rate laws, kinetics of complex reactions (integrated rate expressions up to first order only): (i) Opposing reactions (ii) parallel reactions and (iii) consecutive reactions and their differential rate equations (steady-state approximation in reaction mechanisms) (iv) chain reactions. Temperature dependence of reaction rates; Arrhenius equation; activation energy. Collision theory of reaction rates, Lindemann mechanism, qualitative treatment of the theory of absolute reaction rates.
Catalysis: Types of catalyst, specificity and selectivity, mechanisms of catalyzed reactions at solid surfaces. Enzyme catalysis, Michaelis-Menten mechanism, acid-base catalysis.
Photochemistry: Characteristics of electromagnetic radiation, Jablonski Diagram. Lambert-Beer’s law and its limitations, physical significance of absorption coefficients. Laws of photochemistry, quantum yield, actinometry, examples of low and high quantum yields, photochemical equilibrium and the differential rate of photochemical reactions, photosensitized reactions, quenching. Role of photochemical reactions in biochemical processes, photostationary states, chemiluminescence. Jablonsky diagram.
Download Abc Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes PDF
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes PDF
- Biomolecules Notes PDF
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes PDF
- Coordination Chemistry Notes PDF
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes PDF
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes PDF
- Cheminformatics Notes PDF
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes PDF
- Fuel Chemistry Notes PDF
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes PDF
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes PDF
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes PDF
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes PDF
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes PDF
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes PDF
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes PDF
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes PDF
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes PDF
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes PDF
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes PDF
- s-block and p-block Elements Notes PDF
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes PDF
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes PDF