Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF
Date: 20th Mar 2023
In these “Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF”, we will study the conductance, anomaly of strong electrolytes, laws governing migration of ions in solutions, and application of conductance measurement for titration methods and have understanding of kinetics of chemical reaction, catalysis, and photochemical reactions.
We have provided multiple complete conductance notes pdf for any university student of BCA, MCA, B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech branch to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these conductance notes pdf by downloading them.
Topics in our Chemical Kinetics & conductance notes pdf
The topics we will cover in these Chemical Kinetics & conductance notes pdf will be taken from the following list:
Conductance: Quantitative aspects of Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Arrhenius theory of electrolytic dissociation. Conductivity, equivalent and molar conductivity and their variation with dilution for weak and strong electrolytes. Molar conductivity at infinite dilution. Kohlrausch’s law of independent migration of ions. Debye-Huckel-Onsager equation, Wien effect, Debye-Falkenhagen effect, Walden’s rule. Ionic velocity, mobility and their determination, transference number and its relation to ionic mobility, determination of transference number using Hittorf and Moving Boundary methods. Applications of conductance measurement: (i) degree of dissociation of weak electrolytes, (ii) ionic product of water (iii) solubility and solubility product of sparingly soluble salts, (iv) conductometric titrations,(v) hydrolysis constants of salts.
Chemical Kinetics: Order and molecularity of a reaction, rate laws in terms of the advancement of a reaction, differential and integrated form of rate expressions up to second order reactions, experimental methods for determination of rate laws, kinetics of complex reactions (integrated rate expressions up to first order only): (i) Opposing reactions (ii) parallel reactions and (iii) consecutive reactions and their differential rate equations (steady-state approximation in reaction mechanisms) (iv) chain reactions. Temperature dependence of reaction rates; Arrhenius equation; activation energy. Collision theory of reaction rates, Lindemann mechanism, qualitative treatment of the theory of absolute reaction rates.
Catalysis: Types of catalyst, specificity and selectivity, mechanisms of catalyzed reactions at solid surfaces. Enzyme catalysis, Michaelis-Menten mechanism, acid-base catalysis.
Photochemistry: Characteristics of electromagnetic radiation, Jablonski Diagram. Lambert-Beer’s law and its limitations, physical significance of absorption coefficients. Laws of photochemistry, quantum yield, actinometry, examples of low and high quantum yields, photochemical equilibrium and the differential rate of photochemical reactions, photosensitized reactions, quenching. Role of photochemical reactions in biochemical processes, photostationary states, chemiluminescence. Jablonsky diagram.
Download Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF
Chemistry Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes
- Biomolecules Notes
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes
- Coordination Chemistry Notes
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes
- Cheminformatics Notes
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes
- Fuel Chemistry Notes
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes
- S-block and P-block Elements Notes
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes
Software Engineering Projects PDF with Documentation Report
In this article, you will get the list of Best Software Engineering Projects pdf with Documentation. These software engineering mini projects pdf will help you tremendously in preparation for your own Software Engineering Project report.
Author: Delhi University