Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF
In these “Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF”, we will study the biochemically significant features of the proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, and lipids, using suitable examples. This includes classification, properties, and biological importance of biomolecules. The course provides an overview of drug-receptor interaction and Structure-Activity Relation (SAR) studies. It will introduce the students to the concept of genetic code and concept of heredity. The key emphasis is placed on understanding the basic principles that govern the biological functions of biomolecules.
We have provided multiple complete Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF for any university student of BCA, MCA, B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech branch to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF by downloading them.
Topics in our Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF
The topics we will cover in these Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF will be taken from the following list:
Metabolism: Biological importance of carbohydrates and proteins, Introduction to metabolism (catabolism, anabolism), ATP: the universal currency of cellular energy, outline of catabolic pathways of fats, proteins, and carbohydrate-glycolysis, alcoholic and lactic acid fermentation, Krebs cycle.
Enzymes: Nomenclature, classification, Characterisation, Mechanism of enzyme action, factors affecting enzyme action, Coenzymes and cofactors and their role in biological reactions, Specificity of enzyme action (Including stereospecificity), Enzyme inhibitors and their importance, Introduction to biocatalysis: Importance in ―green chemistry and chemical industry. Drug action-receptor theory. Structure-activity relationships of drug molecules, binding role of –OH group, -NH2 group, double bond, and aromatic ring.
Lipids: Classification. Biological importance of triglycerides and phosphoglycerides and cholesterol; Liposomes and their biological functions and underlying applications, Lipoproteins. Properties, functions, and biochemical functions of steroid hormones and peptide hormones.
Nucleic Acids: Components of nucleic acids: adenine, guanine, thymine, and cytosine (structure only), other components of nucleic acids, nucleosides and nucleotides (numbering), structure of DNA (Watson-Crick model) and RNA (types of RNA), genetic code, biological roles of DNA and RNA: replication, transcription and translation.
Biochemistry of disease: A diagnostic approach by blood/ urine analysis, Blood: composition and functions of blood, blood coagulation. Blood collection and preservation of samples, Anaemia, Urine: Collection, and preservation of samples. Formation of urine. Composition and estimation of constituents of normal and pathological urine. Regulation, estimation, and interpretation of data for blood sugar, urea, creatinine, cholesterol, and bilirubin.
Download Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF
Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Reference Books List
We have listed the best Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Reference Books that can help in your Analytical Clinical Biochemistry exam preparation:
Chemistry Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes
- Biomolecules Notes
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes
- Coordination Chemistry Notes
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes
- Cheminformatics Notes
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes
- Fuel Chemistry Notes
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes
- S-block and P-block Elements Notes
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes