Phase Equilibrium bsc Notes pdf
Date: 4th Feb 2023
In these “Phase Equilibrium bsc Notes pdf”, we will study the phase, co-existence of phases, phase diagram, CST and distribution law and concepts of electrochemical cells, electrode potential, electrochemical series and learn about the surface phenomenon, adsorption isotherms, BET Equation.
We have provided multiple complete phase equilibria pdf notes for any university student of BCA, MCA, B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech branch to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these phase equilibria pdf notes by downloading them.
Topics in our phase equilibrium notes pdf
The topics we will cover in these phase equilibrium notes pdf will be taken from the following list:
Phase Equilibria: Concept of phases, components and degrees of freedom, derivation of Gibbs Phase Rule for non-reactive and reactive systems; Clausius-Clapeyron equation and its applications to solid-liquid, liquid-vapour and solid-vapour equilibria, phase diagram for one component systems (H2O and S), with applications. A comparison between the phase diagram of CO2 and H2O. Phase diagrams for systems of solid-liquid equilibria involving eutectic, congruent and incongruent melting points. Binary solutions: Gibbs-Duhem-Margules equation, its derivation and applications to fractional distillation of binary miscible liquids (ideal and non-ideal), azeotropes, lever rule, partial miscibility of liquids, CST, miscible pairs, steam distillation. Nernst distribution law: its derivation and applications.
Electrochemical Cells: Rules of oxidation/reduction of ions based on half-cell potentials, applications of electrolysis in metallurgy and industry. Chemical cells, reversible and irreversible cells with examples. Electromotive force of a cell and its measurement, Nernst equation; Standard electrode (reduction) potential and its application to different kinds of half-cells. Application of EMF measurements in determining (i) free energy, enthalpy and entropy of a cell reaction, (ii) equilibrium constants, and (iii) pH values, using hydrogen, quinone-hydroquinone, glass and SbO/Sb2O3 electrodes. Concentration cells with and without transference, liquid junction potential; determination of activity coefficients and transference numbers. Qualitative discussion of potentiometric titrations (acid-base, redox, precipitation).
Surface chemistry: Physical adsorption, chemisorption, adsorption isotherms (Langmuir and Freundlich). Nature of adsorbed state. Qualitative discussion of BET.
Download Phase Equilibrium bsc Notes pdf
Phase Equilibrium Book pdf
We have listed the best Phase Equilibrium Book pdf that can help in your Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells exam preparation:
Chemistry Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes
- Biomolecules Notes
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes
- Coordination Chemistry Notes
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes
- Cheminformatics Notes
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes
- Fuel Chemistry Notes
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes
- S-block and P-block Elements Notes
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes
Software Engineering Projects PDF with Documentation Report
In this article, you will get the list of Best Software Engineering Projects pdf with Documentation. These software engineering mini projects pdf will help you tremendously in preparation for your own Software Engineering Project report.
Author: Delhi University