Green Methods in Chemistry Notes
Topics in our Green Methods in Chemistry Notes PDF
In these “Green Methods in Chemistry Notes PDF”, you will study the chemistry which is good for human health and environment. Evaluate suitable technologies for the remediation of hazardous substances. Make students aware of how chemical processes can be designed, developed and run in a sustainable way. Acquire the knowledge of the twelve principles of green chemistry and how to apply in green synthesis. Make students aware about the benefits of using green chemistry. Have the idea of Biocatalytic Process – Conversion of Biomass into chemicals
The topics we will cover will be taken from the following list:
Introduction: Definition of green chemistry and how it is different from conventional chemistry and environmental chemistry.
- Need of green chemistry
- Importance of green chemistry in- daily life, Industries and solving human health problems (four examples each).
- A brief study of Green Chemistry Challenge Awards (Introduction, award categories and study about five last recent awards).
Twelve Principles of Green Chemistry: The twelve principles of the Green Chemistry with their explanations
Special emphasis on the following:
- Prevention of waste / byproducts, pollution prevention hierarchy.
- Green metrics to assess greenness of a reaction: environmental impact factor, atom economy and calculation of atom economy.
- Green solvents-supercritical fluids, water as a solvent for organic reactions, ionic liquids, solvent less reactions, solvents obtained from renewable sources.
- Catalysis and green chemistry- comparison of heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis, bio-catalysis, asymmetric catalysis and photocatalysis.
- Green energy and sustainability.
- Real-time analysis for pollution prevention.
- Prevention of chemical accidents, designing greener processes, inherent safer design, principle of ISD “What you don’t have cannot harm you”, greener alternative to Bhopal Gas Tragedy (safer route to carcarbaryl) and Flixiborough accident (safer route to cyclohexanol) subdivision of ISD, minimization, simplification, substitution, moderation and limitation.
The following Real-world Cases in green chemistry should be discussed: Surfactants for carbon dioxide – replacing smog producing and ozone depleting solvents with CO2 for precision cleaning and dry cleaning of garments. Designing of environmentally safe marine antifoulant. Rightfit pigment: Synthetic azo pigments to replace toxic organic and inorganic pigments. An efficient, green synthesis of a compostable and widely applicable plastic (polylactic acid) made from corn.
Download Abc Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes PDF
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes PDF
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes PDF
- Biomolecules Notes PDF
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes PDF
- Coordination Chemistry Notes PDF
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes PDF
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes PDF
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes PDF
- Cheminformatics Notes PDF
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes PDF
- Fuel Chemistry Notes PDF
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes PDF
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes PDF
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes PDF
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes PDF
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes PDF
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes PDF
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes PDF
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes PDF
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes PDF
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes PDF
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes PDF
- s-block and p-block Elements Notes PDF
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes PDF
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes PDF