Biomolecules Notes PDF
In these “Biomolecules Notes PDF”, we will study the fascinating chemistry of some biomolecules,i.e., amino acids, peptides, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and nucleic acids that work within biological systems. It aims to build the concept of metabolism by the study of chemistry and energetics of biological system.
We have provided multiple complete Biomolecules Notes PDF for any university student of BCA, MCA, B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech branch to enhance more knowledge about the subject and to score better marks in the exam. Students can easily make use of all these Biomolecules Notes PDF by downloading them.
Topics in our Biomolecules Notes PDF
The topics we will cover in these Biomolecules Notes PDF will be taken from the following list:
Nucleic Acids: Structure of components of nucleic acids: Bases, Sugars, Nucleosides, and Nucleotides. Nomenclature of nucleosides and nucleotides, structure of polynucleotides (DNA and RNA), concept of DNA duplex formation, and its characterization. Biological roles of DNA and RNA. Concept of heredity: Genetic Code, Replication, Transcription, and Translation.
Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins: Amino acids, Peptides, and their classification. α-Amino Acids – Synthesis, ionic properties, and reactions. Zwitterions, pKa values, isoelectric point, and electrophoresis; Study of peptides: determination of their primary structure-end group analysis. Synthesis of peptides using N-protecting, C-protecting and C activating groups, Solid-phase synthesis; primary, secondary and tertiary structures of proteins, Denaturation of proteins.
Enzymes: Introduction, classification and characteristics of enzymes. Salient features of active site of enzymes. Mechanism of enzyme action (taking chymotrypsin as an example), factors affecting enzyme action, coenzymes and cofactors (NAD,FAD), specificity of enzyme action (including stereospecificity), enzyme inhibitors and their importance.
Carbohydrates and lipids: Occurrence, classification and their biological importance. Monosaccharides: Constitution and absolute configuration of glucose and fructose, epimers and anomers, mutarotation, determination of ring size of glucose and fructose, Haworth projection and conformational structures; Interconversion of aldoses and ketoses; Killiani-Fischer synthesis and Ruff degradation; Disaccharides – Structure elucidation of maltose, lactose and sucrose. Polysaccharides – Elementary treatment of starch, cellulose and glycogen. Introduction to oils and fats; common fatty acids present in oils and fats, Hydrogenation of fats and oils, Saponification value, acid value, iodine number. Reversion and rancidity.
Concept of Energy in Biosystems: Introduction to metabolism (catabolism, anabolism). ATP: The universal currency of cellular energy, ATP hydrolysis and free energy change. Agents for transfer of electrons in biological redox systems: NAD+ , FAD. Outline of catabolic pathways of carbohydrate-glycolysis, fermentation, Krebs cycle. Caloric value of food, standard caloric content of food types.
Download Biomolecules Notes PDF
Biomolecules Reference Books List
We have listed the best Biomolecules Reference Books that can help in your Biomolecules exam preparation:
Chemistry Notes PDF
- Analytical Clinical Biochemistry Notes
- Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding Notes
- Basic Analytical Chemistry Notes
- Biomolecules Notes
- Business Skills for Chemists Notes
- Coordination Chemistry Notes
- Conductance & Chemical Kinetics Notes
- Chemical Thermodynamics and its Applications Notes
- Chemical Technology & Society Notes
- Cheminformatics Notes
- Chemistry of Cosmetics & Perfumes Notes
- Fuel Chemistry Notes
- Green Methods in Chemistry Notes
- Halogenated Hydrocarbons and Oxygen Containing Functional Groups Notes
- Intellectual Property Rights Notes
- IT Skills for Chemists Notes
- Organic Chemistry Basics and Hydrocarbons Notes
- Organometallic Chemistry & Bioinorganic Chemistry Notes
- Pesticide Chemistry Notes
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Notes
- Phase Equilibria and Electrochemical Cells Notes
- Polynuclear Hydrocarbons, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Alkaloids and Terpenes Notes
- Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy Notes
- S-block and P-block Elements Notes
- Spectroscopy & Applied Organic Chemistry Notes
- States of Matter & Ionic Equilibrium Notes