Internet Technologies Guidelines and Practical List
Course Objective: This course introduces the protocols used in Internet, its architecture, and security aspect of Internet. Student will have an insight that how a search engine works and web crawls.
Internet Technologies Guidelines
Introduction: Network address translation, Subnet Masking, Difference between Intranet and Internet, Working of Internet, Dynamic and Static Routing, Domain Name Server , networking tools – ipconfig, ping, netstat, traceroute.
Introduction to Internet Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, VoIP
Web Servers: Introduction, Working, Configuring, Hosting and Managing a Web server, Proxy Servers: Introduction, Working, Type of Proxies, setting up and managing a proxy server Client-side Technologies, Server-side Technologies and hybrid technologies
Search Engines – components, working, optimization, Crawling, BOTS
Introduction to cookies and sessions, Introduction to e-commerce websites and e-carts.
Internet Technologies Reference Books:
- DComer. (2018). The Internet Book: Everything You need to know about Computer networking and how the internet works. 5th edition. CRC Press.
Internet Technologies Practicals List
- Demonstrate the use of networking tools like ping, ipconfig, netstat and traceroute.
- Configure a web-server on a personal system.
- Demonstrate the network monitoring of the internet traffic through any predefined tool
- Develop an interactive website using jquery, JSON, NODE.js and BOOTSTRAP with following functionalities.
- Design a home page and other allied pages of the website using HTML and CSS
- Handle HTML form using jQuery, store the data in JSON objects, pass them to another page and display it there using jQuery
- Logging system to manage various types of accounts
- Create pages with dynamic content fetching and display
- Perform event handling in node.js