Computer Graphics Guidelines and Practical List
Course Objective: This course introduces fundamental concepts of Computer Graphics with focus on modelling, rendering and interaction aspects of computer graphics. The course emphasizes the basic principles needed to design, use and understand computer graphics system.
Computer Graphics Guidelines
Introduction: Introduction to Graphics systems, Basic elements of Computer graphics, Applications of computer graphics. Architecture of Raster and Random scan display devices, input/output devices.
Drawing and clipping primitives: Raster scan line, circle and ellipse drawing algorithms, Polygon filling, line clipping and polygon clipping algorithms
Transformation and Viewing: 2D and 3D Geometric Transformations, 2D and 3D Viewing Transformations (Projections- Parallel and Perspective), Vanishing points.
Geometric Modeling: Polygon Mesh Representation, Cubic Polynomial curves (Hermite and Bezier).
Visible Surface determination and Surface Rendering: Z-buffer algorithm, List-priority algorithm and area subdivision algorithm for visible surface determination. Illumination and shading models, RGB color model and Basics of Computer Animation.
Computer Graphics Reference Books:
- Baker, D.H. (2008). Computer Graphics. 2nd edition. Prentice Hall of India.
- Foley, J. D., Dam, A.V, Feiner, S. K., & Hughes, J. F. (1995). Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice in C. 2nd edition. Addison-Wesley Professional.
Computer Graphics Practicals List
- Write a program to implement Bresenham’s line drawing algorithm.
- Write a program to implement mid-point circle drawing algorithm.
- Write a program to clip a line using Cohen and Sutherland line clipping algorithm.
- Write a program to clip a polygon using Sutherland Hodgeman algorithm.
- Write a program to fill a polygon using Scan line fill algorithm.
- Write a program to apply various 2D transformations on a 2D object (use homogenous Coordinates).
- Write a program to apply various 3D transformations on a 3D object and then apply parallel and perspective projection on it.
- Write a program to draw Hermite /Bezier curve.